Knee Pain & Sore Knees
Knee pain refers to pain inside and around the knee joint and can often be due to abnormalities in your foot function and lower limb biomechanics. One of the most common types of knee pain is called patellofemoral pain and this can affect, the young, the elderly and the active sportsperson.
There are five common sites for knee pain:
Pain in front of the knee or anterior knee pain: can be caused by many different problems including Chondromalacia of the patella, patella tracking, bursitis and arthritis.
- Pain above the knee
- Pain behind the knee
- Pain inside the knee
- Pain below the knee
- Pronation or flat feet
- Supination or high-arched feet
- Biomechanical abnormality
- Patello-femoral pain
- Osgood-Schlatter’s disease
- Meniscus tears and injury
- Cruciate ligament injury
- Corked or pulled muscles
- Overuse muscular injuries
- Over stretching of muscles, tendons or ligaments
- Increased exercise or activity
Please note: If symptoms persist we recommend visiting your health professional for appropriate assessment and treatment.