Hands up who loves our gorgeous earth and the ground we walk on? Gauging by this photo, our gorgeous CEO Rachael Ferguson certainly does! Goes without saying that the rest of the SynxBody team are all very grateful for all that our planet offers and how it supports life every single day. So why not join us in celebrating on international Earth Day and educate yourself on some easy ways we can all do our bit to give back to the earth.
Earth Day was started on the 22 April 1970 in the US and has been an annual event every year since. The inaugural event in 1970 was the largest single day protest in human history and today, there are over 1 billion people in more than 190 countries who participate in Earth Day events around the world.
The annual Earth Day event is designed to shine a light on the serious environmental issues facing the world, from air pollution, deforestation and the all too prominent climate crisis.
The theme for Earth Day in 2021 is ‘Restore Our Earth’, which focusses not only on the need to reduce our impact on the planet, but also how we can repair the damage we have already done.
Want some ideas on how you can get involved in Earth Day this year?
There are many events planned for Earth Day, both in-person and online, so click here for a map of all Earth Day Events happening near you and around the word.
There is also an Earth Day action toolkit, which can be found here.
Here at SynxBody, we’re doing our bit for the planet by using our fabulous keep cups for our life saving morning coffee and throw all our bits into our reusable backpacks, our product packaging is all recyclable plus we work from home which is saving on travel and other associated costs working in a big office. We will also be introducing our new Synxeaze range very soon, which is made from Australian organic ingredients and manufactured in an energy saving facility in Western Australia.
If you’re still stumped and not sure how you can contribute to saving our planet, below is a list of 10 small changes you can make right now:
- Plant a tree
- Ride your bike or walk, instead of driving everywhere
- Use reusable bags
- Use a keep cup for your coffee (like us!)
- Use a refillable water bottle
- Pick up rubbish you see on the beach or at your local park
- Ensure you understand how to recycle and are correctly recycling household items
- Use a water-saving shower head and taps throughout your home
- Create a compost pile for leftover food scraps
- Reduce the amount of electricity you use in your home by hanging washing out, instead of using the dryer, making sure you’re washing machine/dishwasher is full before turning it on, turning lights off when they are not required and switch to energy saving lightbulbs.
What are you doing for Earth Day this year?