Curcumin – which is a part of the turmeric family – can be used to manage or ease pain and inflammation.
And it is having its day in the spotlight, as this popular and natural supplement becomes more and more recognised as a valuable ingredient in modern medicine.
However, the history of curcumin actually dates back about 5,000 years.
What is Curcumin?
Curcumin is a compound in turmeric that gives the spice its yellow colour.
There are three curcuminoids that make up the extract curcumin, and many high-quality studies show that curcumin has major benefits for your body and brain, namely by blocking the massive production of dangerous inflammatory cells in the body. This further helps in maintaining balance in the human body.
It’s long been used in ancient Indian medicine to increase flexibility and to support joint health – some ancient practitioners traditionally used it for blood purification, infections, liver and digestive disorders, to enhance fertility and most notably for pain and inflammation.
Why we use Curcumin in our Synxeaze products
In our Synxeaze products, we use HydroCurc® which has several advantages over standard curcumin:
- high active loads.
- improved functionality.
- enhanced bioavailability, by using LipiSperse® technology to make our curcumin more soluble and more readily absorbed by the body.
HydroCurc® is a cold water dispersible (CWD) Curcuma longa extract powder, specifically designed to increase the bioavailability of curcuminoids.
Treating pain and inflammation with Curcumin
Curcumin can be used to treat many health conditions, and build up a healthy body, including:
- Managing inflammation and pain – because chronic low-level inflammation can play a role in some health conditions and diseases, curcumin can help with most chronic inflammatory diseases.
- Reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer - curcumin seems to be able to kill cancer cells and prevent more from growing, and studies also show that the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin may protect against the development of heart disease, by improving cholesterol levels.
- Preventing Alzheimer’s disease - curcumin may delay or even reverse Alzheimer’s disease, where it can boost the levels of an important protein found in the brain and spinal cord.
- Building antioxidant capabilities - studies have also shown that curcumin can help to increase the antioxidant capacity of the body and can boost brain-derived neurotrophic factor.
- Treating depression - curcumin has shown some promise in treating depression, with research from some controlled trials showing improvements.
- Easing symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoidarthritis – by reducing pain and inflammation.
- Treating diabetes - a 2013 study suggests that curcumin can decrease the level of glucose in blood, as well as other diabetes-related complications.
Our cream is proudly made in Australia, 90% organic, vegan and cruelty free.
Users can also combine the cream with our PEA & Curcumin Supplements (adults can take two capsules once or twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional). HydroCurc®’s helps to make the capsules even more effective thanks to the LipiSperse® advantage.
Our Synxeaze capsules help to reduce pain and inflammation, symptoms associated with arthritis and also aid in muscle recovery.
*if you are pregnant, or If you take any medicines regularly, talk to your doctor before you start using turmeric supplements.
Want to shop for Curcumin supplements?
Browse our online shop and purchase your curcumin based supplements here. Our Synxeaze supplements are proudly made in Australia, 90% organic, vegan and cruelty free. It’s time to relieve sore muscles and joints the natural way.